Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cyclone Pam 3/18 Project 1

Project 1 today was to salvage wood and corrugated iron sheets from the Etas church's building. I enlisted the help of four young men from Vila, and Shawnda's dad Robert Michael Gray), and they got 'er done! I wanted us to help with this because the Etas members were very concerned that some of these materials would be stolen if they weren't reclaimed, but they were too involved in piecing back together their own houses, kitchens and toilets to devote time to that chore. The Etas members divided the salvaged timber amongst themselves, which will help them in their personal re-builds. 
I stopped by a grocery store on the way back to Vila and asked the guys what they wanted me to buy them as a "treat." I got two orders for canned baked beans and one for canned tuna! They're easy to please wink emoticon ~E








No comments:

Post a Comment