Thursday, July 2, 2015

Aid Distribution 101 ... How we did it (Part 1)



I’m more and more convinced that you need a Master’s Degree (if not a PhD!) to know what you're doing on this relief work and aid distribution thing. It’s been a tremendous experience and I certainly wouldn’t trade being here during this time, but I think I’ve learned that it’s impossible to “do it right.” Where to draw the line, what requests to grant/deny, how to distribute a limited number of big ticket items … you are bound to upset someone in the process!

Nonetheless, I think we can honestly say that we’ve done our best, seeking advice and praying for wisdom every step of the way. Being extremely well-funded by generous donors has made a world of difference, so much so that we’ve never had to say “no” due to a lack of funds. God’s provision is rich indeed.

In this series I’d like to present an overview of how we’ve approached the relief effort. This is my “first rodeo” and I had a lot to learn (still do). While I hope I never have to deal with this type of tragedy again, I think we will certainly be better equipped to do so next time, should the need arise.


Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment