Tuesday, March 19, 2013

BCCs

Last year, one of our supporting congregations (29th and Yale - Tulsa, OK) provided funds to begin placing a classified ad in the Daily Post here in Vanuatu offering Bible Correspondence Courses (BCC). To date, 27 direct responses have been received. Several of them include a letter with their request. Here are some excerpts:

“I believe that this Free Bible Correspondence Courses will give me lots of answers to my questions that my church Pastor can’t give me and he always says that my questions or arguments about his Bible studies are disturbing.”

“My home, family, community, island and country will be blessed too, through these courses. Praise the Lord.”

“I have been longing to learn more about God’s word and I wish I would gain a place in the courses you are now offering in Vanuatu.”

“I am a 34 year old mother of 3. My husband just died [earlier this year]...I believe this is going to help me out with my family.”

“I really appreciate your offer, and I would like to have more knowledge of God’s word. Thank you, and God bless.”

“Thank you for the love of Christ in you all in helping many to know about Him more - and understand His word written in the Holy Bible.”

Many of these BCC students have included their friends and family as referrals, which means many more courses have been distributed. This month, I established an email address to which potential students can send their requests. The first day the new ad ran, we had three requests via email. In addition, I am compiling a mailing list that will be utilized in promoting various outreach events. For example, the Vila congregation will use the mailing list to invite all the Vila BCC students to the upcoming PIBC courses that will be conducted in June.

Please be praying for these BCC students, and that the ads will continue to promote interest.

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Eric. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.

    Larry Knight, Tulsa

    ReplyDelete